Loose skin is very common. Anyone can have loose skin, yet it is most common to begin between the ages of 35 to 40 years old.
As we age, the production of proteins – collagen and elastin – that are responsible for keeping our skin firm and plump, firm, and smooth declines gradually. This typically results in loose and sagging skin on the face, neck, and other parts of the body. Loose and sagging skin can also be caused from:
- Sun exposure
- Weight loss
The above factors destroy collagen and inhibit its production, leaving your skin to a loss of skin elasticity.
Having sagging skin can unfortunately result in low self-confidence in most people. Thankfully there are several procedures, treatments, and steps that you can treat and prevent it. These procedures and treatments can help you reverse some of the damage and signs of aging on your skin to help you feel the most confident in your own skin!
Our recommendation to treat keep your skin firm:
To keep your skin firm, we recommend The Vivace® to our clients! Vivace is a minimally invasive procedure that combines the latest technology of radiofrequency and microneedling.
Vivace has the following benefits:
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, scarring, and sunspots – giving you smoother, younger looking skin as your skin heals from the procedure.
- Opens your pores – making it easier to clean, hydrate, and moisturize your skin and gives you a healthy glow.
- Tightens the skin – increasing collagen production reduces the appearance of wrinkles and loose skin.
- No recovery time necessary – you can immediately go back to your everyday life, so it can be done on your lunch break.
How can I prevent loose skin in the future?
You may be able to keep your skin tight with some lifestyle changes as well with Vivace. Some great rules of thumb to prevent loose skin are:
- Avoid soaps that contain sulfates
- Drink lots of water
- Apply sunscreen regularly
- Exfoliate once per week
- Use the right moisturizers to keep your skin firm
- Refrain from smoking
- Massage your face when applying products to encourage blood flow
Ready to treat your sunspots at Youthtopia? Contact us today to schedule your consultation.